OK! now that racing is done for the year (well except for the
Mooneye's X-mas show) it's time to get back on the Model A. Derrek
got the new firewall in and the wheel wells done so now I'm gonna
take it home for a few weeks and tackle the wood.
New wheel wells look good too, nice fit for the cheaters.
Got a shifter for the C-4 and here's another look at the
Also got the new windshield frame, I'll attach it when the
header is in.
Today I will pull the motor, primer the wheel wells and
firewall, paint the channels and other places the wood will be
installed. Then the wood goes in of course.
Yesterday we took the car out and had a little photo shoot. I
like the way it is coming along, it's gonna look just as I
imagined in the beginning.
All painted in the right places, no bare metal left on the
body. The main job was to paint the places where the wood was
going but I also got some black primer to shoot the wheel wells,
firewall and the bare places where the chop was done. With plenty
of primer left I shot most of the rest of the car to see what it
would look like black. I think I like the green better, it will be
that color again one day
garage paint booth
Shooting the inside of the firewall.
Inside is a low
gloss matte black.
Now I have a black floor instead of a blue one. (painted my
wife's Herald in there too a few years back)
My wife Kathy sealed all the wood for me while I was
painting, we'll start installing it this week.
First pieces of wood are in. I think the headers (front and
sides) are the hardest pieces, once they are in it should go
Top wood is just about complete.
Installed the new valance, windshield frame and old visor.
Trimming of the excess to match the header.
Drill every two inches for a nail.
All done for the night.
Engine is back in! Shifter is adjusted and driveshaft will
be next. This thing may be ready for a test "putt" soon.
Driveshaft and a few other pieces installed, floor is next.
to be continued......................